Popular virtual reality browser janusVR has released more updates this week, with the program now up to version 42.17. The latest patch includes a lot of bug fixes, including some much anticipated security and stability improvements.
JanusVR has experienced a recent surge of interest, with a live 360 video stream from the 2015 SoCal VR Expo and Conference drawing large crowds.
- Bugfix: cookies in Janus are now organized by domain and are only accessible via JS/webpages hosted on the same domain, preventing potential security/privacy issues
- Bugfix: fixed potential crash when multiple bots are programmed to chat (thanks
- Bugfix: initial UI sound (“janus loaded…”) was always female – it is now consistently based on last chosen setting
- “Male” UI sounds sped up and filtered
- Slight improvement to startup speed (deferring the loading of menu web browser)
Download the latest version of janusVR here